Tag 4 ist – verglichen mit den Tagen davor – wieder einfacher. Für gegebene Passwortregeln ist zu ermitteln, wie viele gültige Passwörter ein einem bestimmten Bereich existieren
— Day 4: Secure Container —
You arrive at the Venus fuel depot only to discover it’s protected by a password. The Elves had written the password on a sticky note, but someone threw it out.
However, they do remember a few key facts about the password:
– It is a six-digit number.
– The value is within the range given in your puzzle input.
– Two adjacent digits are the same (like 22 in 122345).
– Going from left to right, the digits never decrease; they only ever increase or stay the same (like 111123 or 135679).
Other than the range rule, the following are true:
– 111111 meets these criteria (double 11, never decreases).
– 223450 does not meet these criteria (decreasing pair of digits 50).
– 123789 does not meet these criteria (no double).
How many different passwords within the range given in your puzzle input meet these criteria?Advent of Code 2019 – Tag 04 / Teil 1
— Part Two —
An Elf just remembered one more important detail: the two adjacent matching digits are not part of a larger group of matching digits.
Given this additional criterion, but still ignoring the range rule, the following are now true:
– 112233 meets these criteria because the digits never decrease and all repeated digits are exactly two digits long.
– 123444 no longer meets the criteria (the repeated 44 is part of a larger group of 444).
– 111122 meets the criteria (even though 1 is repeated more than twice, it still contains a double 22).
How many different passwords within the range given in your puzzle input meet all of the criteria?Advent of Code 2019 – Tag 04 / Teil 2